Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice (from Texas Oranges)!

You've probably heard it said that "Everything is bigger in Texas," well, let me tell you...these Texas oranges are SMALL in size, but BIG in sweetness and juiciness! Plenty of health benefits, too.
Mine were purchased in Texas. Now, go get you some!



Okay, so we all know how to squeeze oranges, and if I were to do it all the time, then I would invest in an electric juicer similar to this one:


but, for now I use this:



Here are the beauties!



I purchased two bags with approximately twelve oranges in each bag. Ultimately, I squeezed one bagful, or 12 oranges, resulting in 16 ounces of juice.
Rinse, then cut oranges in half.




Place a sieve/colander over a bowl to capture the juice and catch the seeds.




Feels good to be a kid and make a big mess! Hey, I'm the one cleaning it up, so it's my option!





And here we have the liquid gold juice! Best if used right away...hence, FRESH orange juice. Keep chilled. One option is to freeze the juice as ice cubes to place in drinks, such as iced tea.




Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment