Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Recipe Review - Restaurant Style Salsa

The Pioneer Woman
 

Easy and inexpensive, but the best feature of this salsa is the taste.
This recipe is from Ree at The Pioneer Woman, and it is simple and basic but also a good starting point for adding other items, such as corn or black beans.



Here's what you'll need:
Canned Whole Tomatoes, Ro-tel Brand Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies, Lime Juice, Cilantro, Garlic, Onion, Jalapeno Pepper, Sugar, Salt, and Ground Cumin



Place all ingredients in the food processor. Pulse until desired consistency. Since I like my salsa thin, I did about 20 pulses. I told you it was easy!


It made approximately 32 ounces of salsa...16 ounces to store...

 16 ounces to dip!

If you like salsa, please try this recipe. You can adjust the amount of seasonings to your taste.

My only changes to her recipe...
I doubled the amount of garlic, salt, sugar, and cumin.

Store in fridge.
 

RECIPE: Restaurant Style Salsa 





2 comments:

  1. This recipe is a keeper! Never buy salsa again! Wow! I made 2 batches b/c he dislikes cilantro & too many onions & I can't take it too hot. So we both got a salsa we loved & it was way tastier than I expected. Truly like a good restaurant salsa. Thx for posting it, Jan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy you both got what you wanted from this recipe. It is very versatile. I have another salsa recipe which is much different from this one. I'll have to do a post for it soon. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete