Monday, February 11, 2013

Coconut Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

This great recipe is brought to you courtesy of my sister. Bonus: this is a one-bowl recipe.
Just look at this...wish you could smell the deliciousness!



Here is what you'll need: White Sugar, Brown Sugar, Oatmeal, Coconut, Chocolate Chips, Nuts, Shortening, Eggs, Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Salt, & Vanilla Extract.


Cream together: Brown Sugar, White Sugar, and Shortening until light and fluffy.




Add 2 eggs and mix well.




Add in Salt, Baking Powder, & Baking Soda.


Add in flour and mix well.


Add in coconut and oatmeal and combine well.

Add in vanilla extract (got my steps out of order, but you should add the vanilla after the addition of the eggs).


Mix well.



Add in pecans and chocolate chips and stir to combine.




Bake and enjoy!


Note:
I substituted 1/2 cup Domino Light for the 1 cup White Sugar, and I used Milk Chocolate Chips and Pecans...made medium-size cookies rather than small and adjusted cooking time accordingly. Produced approximately 4 dozen medium-sized cookies.

Coconut Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
www.whispersofthyme.blogspot.com

Ingredients:
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 cup shortening
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup coconut
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 to 1 cup nuts
1/2 to 1 cup chocolate chips

Directions:
Cream together:
1-cup brown sugar
1-cup white sugar
1-cup shortening

Add 2 eggs and mix well.
Add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and mix well.

Add in:
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 cups flour

Mix well.

Stir in:
1 1/2 cups oatmeal
1-cup coconut
Nuts and chocolate chips

Roll into small balls or use a small ice cream scoop and drop cookies onto baking sheet.

Bake at 350 degrees F. until light brown...10 to 12 minutes.


nap-time creations




2 comments:

  1. yummy!!! Thanks for linking up to Tasteful Tuesdays! love it! Really appreciate you stopping by my blog! I’m trying to keep in better touch with my linkers/readers… If you already follow me, please let me know I will find your blog on Bloglovin (I’m transferring my follows there)if you don’t follow in any way, would you consider following via GFC or other method?
    http://www.nap-timecreations.com

    ReplyDelete