Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Recipe Review - Spaghetti Sauce

The Pioneer Woman

It's rare that I make my own spaghetti sauce...
I mean why do all the work when the stuff in the jar tastes just as good? 
Actually, it's been so long since I tried homemade, I forgot how good it really is!

This recipe is from Ree at The Pioneer Woman, and it is tasty indeed. 

I adjusted the recipe in the following way: 1) adjusted quantity of the spices to my liking, 2) omission of cheese placed IN the sauce, and 3) halved her recipe.

It doesn't take long to put together, and the only labor involved comes from browning the meat, and chopping the onion and bell pepper. 
After simmering for an hour, it will be ready for the noodles, and your tummy will thank you!





Here's What You'll Need:
Ground beef, Olive Oil, Yellow Onion, Green Bell Pepper, Garlic, White Wine (or beef broth), Crushed Tomatoes (can), Tomato Paste, Marinara Sauce (jar), Ground Oregano, Ground Thyme, Bay Leaves, Sugar, Kosher Salt, Crushed Red Pepper, Parsley (fresh or dried), Parmesan Cheese, & Spaghetti Noodles. 



Brown meat, then drain.
 


Chop veggies.   




Add veggies to pot and cook to soften.



Stir in wine (or beef broth).



Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, and marinara sauce.



Add in all seasonings along with drained cooked meat.


Stir well and simmer for an hour.


  
Serve over spaghetti noodles and top with Parmesan cheese and Parsley...or if you're like me...

just pile the sauce on top of garlic toast...either way it is delicious!


 You can find Ree's recipe here -->  Spaghetti Sauce

 *Note: I halved her recipe.



No comments:

Post a Comment